Greetings Brotherhood Way Community Garden neighbors, partners, and friends of the project!
It may seem a little quite on the project front, but I wanted to provide this update to let you know of the progress being made behind the scenes since our last meeting in July.
- The project has secured $150,000 from the Mayor’s FY15-16 Budget. A big thank you to Supervisor Avalos for advocating for this funding to be included in the budget.
- Supervisor Avalos also dedicated funding to cover soft costs associated with developing project documentation.
- The project has secured $150,000 from the SF Environment Carbon Fund grant.
- Public Works Landscape Architecture staff have been working on a detailed cost estimate for the conceptual plan that was developed with the community through our planning workshops. Staff will begin to create construction drawings of the conceptual plan so that we can start to map out how to implement the project within the available funding.
- Our original timeline had anticipated groundbreaking in January, this date will need to be postponed due to some of the processes taking longer than anticipated. We are targeting a groundbreaking for Spring 2016.
Thank you for continued interest in the project and patience as it makes its way through the necessary steps. In the next few months, we will have additional opportunities for involvement in the project as we move towards implementation. Please feel free to contact the project team with any questions or suggestions.
San Francscio Public Works